Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lighting, Lighting, Lighting!!!

So I'm very exciting we have finally picked out and purchased the majority of the lighting for our house!! I must say I am truly a lucky girl to have a husband who appreciates good lighting as much as I do! {Might have something to do with his career choice} Most people might think we have lost our mind replacing all the lighting in our 'brand new' home, but for Todd and I it was something we needed to make {our own}. Usually when it comes to decisions {especially decorating decisions} Todd lets me take the lead and make the choices. Typically I'm describing something crazy I want to paint or how I want to cut the tree {beautiful curly willow} down in our front yard and use all it's branches around our home {my latest unusual idea}, and he's thinking I've completely lost my mind. :) But in the end when the final product is all said and done he nods and gives a something like 'that's actually pretty cool'. Needless to say, I'm super exciting and can't wait to have them put up! The not so visually stimulating lights {although VERY important in the overall feel of our home} aka recessed lighting or can lighting is not pictured below, but we will be adding 12 {or so} cans in the kitchen, living room, and master room. Oh it's going to be so BRIGHT and I just can't wait!!!

We've picked out two of these to hang in the center of the kitchen (replacing the existing horrid fan} along with 4 can lights.


This will also hang in the kitchen over our breakfast table and will tie in to our dining room and foyer.

This is our dining room chandelier. This took a little persuasion. Todd had envisioned a more ornate vintage style chandelier for the dining room and I wanted nothing to do with that look. Which is very strange as typically anything vintage and ornately over-the-top I LOVE. Not this time. I had a vision and after explaining to Todd that it has a very rustic potterybarn old feel to it. He agreed. Doesn't take much {again I'm very lucky}. Funny thing is we just got the new potterybarn catalog delivered to our new house {I'm sure in hopes of us purchasing lots and lots!!} and hanging above one of their awesome dining room tables was a round chandelier almost identical to the horizontal one I picked out. If Todd wasn't convinced before from my vivid description he now was completely on board! He'll never admit it, but he anxiously waits for me to get done looking at the Potterybarn catalog so he can get his turn! :)


This is the foyer light. The majority of our home is one BIG open space. Our dining room opens right to our living room and living room opens right in to the kitchen. I want the rooms to feel separated in the decorating aspects but I also want them to tie in to one another. So I wanted the lighting in the 3 rooms to tie together perfectly. Lucky for me the chandelier that I love came with an entire line! :) Again, very happy girl!

Small picture, I know. I guess this website didn't want me to copy it's images... Oh well. This is the light we are going to use in the master bathroom. We'll be ripping down the over sized, everyday mirror that now hangs in our bathroom and replacing it with two framed mirrors. And above those will have two of these pretty little things! I love bright silver and every other lighting fixture in our house is antiqued bronze {tying in to the rubbed bronze hardware throughout the house} so I wanted to at least have some bright silver fixtures and the master bathroom was the lucky selection! I promise to post on our bathroom renovation {along with all the other renovations} once it's complete!



I picked this to hang in each of our hallways. Wouldn't have been a first selection of mine, but this little guy was a 'perk to the job' and seems like a good -free fit!! As the hubby and friend like to say FREE.99!!
Well there you have it, all our lighting - Lots of decisions! I also picked out a chandelier to replace the fan in our bedroom {can you tell I hate fans with a burning passion???} but I couldn't find a picture of it online so I'll have to wait to show you once it's hanging in our bedroom!! I'll also take pictures of all the lights above, hanging in their new spaces in our 'new home', hopefully sooner rather than later. Everyone enjoy their weekend! Mine starts tomorrow :) I'm headed home to celebrate a special birthday {best step-dad around} tomorrow, then back to Tally Friday with a little stop in Madison to watch the nephew play the drums in the school talent show! Followed by yet another weekend of countless hours spent working in the house.... 4 more weekends till move-in day!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. omg!!! LOL Lighting Lighting Lighting hehehe.nice thought really i like it and wondering lights .lovely posting and perfect idea for lights. i think all lights very beautiful .
    Romantisch Hotel Bruges

    ReplyDelete