Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rice Krispy Treats

I had a fabulous 23birthday weekend, which I'll post on later. Friday before Toddy boy and I left for Jacksonville I was a baking queen! Two types of rice krispy treats and banana bread! Unfortunately, I won't be posting a tutorial on how to make my MeeMaw's banana bread! BUT I will show you how I made my rice krispys!!
First:
Regular Rice Krispy Treats


Ingredients:
  • 7 cups Rice Krispy cereal
  • 1 16oz bag of large or small marshmallows
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 9 x 13 greased baking dish

Directions:

  • Get a microwave safe bowl and melt your butter
  • Add the marshmallows to the bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals until melted enough to stir
  • Add cereal and stir until evenly coated
  • Firmly press mixture into greased dish with wet hands (helps to keep the marshmallow from sticking to your hands)
  • I put mine in the refrigerator for a little while till they were cool. Then I cut them and had a taste test!!

Second:

Chocolate/Peanut Butter Krispy Treats


Ingredients:

Topping -

  • 1 cup of Peanut Butter
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

Filling -

  • 7 cups Rice Krispy cereal
  • 1 16 oz bag of large or small marshmallows
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 9 x 13 greased baking dish

Directions:

  • Make the Rice Krispy treats first. Follow same steps as above.
  • After you have pressed the treats in your baking dish microwave your peanut butter and choc chips.
  • I melted the chocolate chips first all alone for about 1 minute. Then I added the peanut butter and microwaved another minute or until melted.
  • Then pour the chocolate topping over the rice krispys and smooth with spatula
  • Refrigerate until chocolate on top is hard
  • Slice and serve!!

All packed and ready for their trip to our sleepover at Boppa's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment