Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trip of a LIFETIME....

OR should I rephrase that and say 'MY' trip of a lifetime :) Yesterday, we booked our Western Mediterranean cruise and I'm elated with excitement!!! My husband on the other hand is less than thrilled to be joining me on this amazing journey... He begged yesterday for me to take someone else with me, but I'm forcing him to go with me and to "try" and enjoy himself! I mean seriously, who in the world dreads a trip all over the most beautiful places in Europe? Apparently, my husband... Lucky me. Hey, I'm just glad he agreed to go in the first place, I can handle dealing with him kicking and screaming about it!

I'm hoping the closer it gets, the more excited he becomes about it... But until then, I'm trying to win him over with yummy pictures of the awesome food he'll be able to eat! What can I say I know the way to my hubby's heart and that is straight through his stomach!!

I told him we could eat Gelato everyday & that it will shortly become his new favorite addiction :)




Tried explaining how AMAZING the French pastries are and that he could eat a chocolate crossaint EVERY morning for breakfast if his heart so disired ....


All the pizza and pasta he could ever want in Italy. . .
And still he begged and pleaded that we fly somewhere in the Caribbean and spend a week on the beach doing nothing... Apparently, I have my work cut out for me, but hopefully over the next 10 months I can somehow convince him that he will forever be changed by this amazing trip :)

I on the other hand have no problems envisioning how our 2 weeks will be spent . . .



A nice picnic under the Eiffel Tower . . . :)


Frolicking through the Lavender fields . . . :)

Going to the occasional vineyard and enjoying some of the countries best wine. . . :)
Whether he admits it or not, I know going to wineries will definitely be something he will enjoy!


Little stop at the tip of Italy. . .


Tour through ancient Pompeii


Beautiful sunsets in Florence . . .
So clearly, I have no problem dreaming up how incredible this trip is going to be. Now if only Todd could be as creative!

Anyways, enough with the daydreaming for the time being. Let's get down to the facts! Todd and I will be arriving in to Paris almost a week before our cruise departs out of Barcelona. We are going to spend 4 days exploring everything Paris has to offer. Although I've already been to Paris once, I never imagined I would be able to enjoy the most romantic city in the WORLD with the LOVE OF MY LIFE! Our 3 year anniversary happens to fall while we are in Paris, and we're (I'M) thinking about having our 3rd anniversary dinner at the top of the Eiffel Tower! Heavenly :)

I think I could spend days inside the Louvre, unfortunately I'm sure Todd will allow us to spend a couple hours there. You know, after his chocolate croissant and before his elaborate lunch of course! We'll make sure to mark off all the must sees in the museum and anything else I can manage to get away with ;)


Take a stroll down Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe . . . Of course making the occasional stop to look at the elaborate shops that line this beautiful street.



Yes that is a 7 story Louis Vuitton store. Could be a great stop for an anniversary gift! (hint hint)

In my ideal world, I would like to end every night we spend in Paris looking at the twinkling of the lights on the Eiffel Tower. Good news is, there are all sorts of vendors surrounding the tower and I'm sure we can find something super sweet to suffice the Hubs :)

After we leave Paris we are going to spend 2 days pre-cruise in Barcelona. This is where my parents will be joining us for the remainder of the trip.

Sunday we leave out of Barcelona and spend 7 nights out on the Mediterranean!
Day1 & 2 are spent crossing the open seas.
Day 3 we wake up in Naples (Almalfi Coast, Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento), Italy
Day 4 we'll be in Rome, Italy
Day 5 we'll be in Florence/Pisa, Italy
Day 6 we'll be in Nice, France
Day 7 Provence, France (also referred to as the French Rivieria)
Day 8 we arrive back to Barcelona where we will spend another day before flying back to the states :(
I'm hoping at this point I'm homesick and miss my baby girl and am eager to get back to my home... Unfortunately, I don't think that will be the case . . .



First stop -

The Almalfi Coast


Naples, Italy


Pompeii

Second stop - Rome, Italy


Trevi Fountain


Sistine Chapel


The Vatican


The Colosseum


Leaning Tower of Pisa


Next stop - Florence, Italy



Ponte Vecchio


Last stop - Provence, France




The lavender fields are abundant in Provence. Just hoping that they are in full bloom come the end of May!


Needless to say, I've got my work cut out for me. Not only convincing my husband that we are going to have a great time. But, also planning our daily activities. Get ready to see the OCD come out in me. I'm 100% sure that come a couple of months I will have managed to plan our activities for everyday down to the hour! What can I say, I'm a planner not a fly-by-the-edge-of-my-seat kind of gal! And trust me going to huge cities like Paris, Rome, Florence and Barcelona you need to know what you're getting yourself in to. So I'll continue the planning and I promise to keep everyone up to date on some of our exciting activities we'll have planned. Ahhhhhhhh I'm so excited and I'm hoping the fact that we have a trip booked every month till the end of the year will help 2012 get here in the blink of an eye!!


I guess I need to get my French to English for Dummies CD out of storage and start listening to them in the car :)


A la prochaine

No comments:

Post a Comment