Monday, May 24, 2010

What an Ever-Changing Life we Live...

Well needless to point out it's been over a month since I've been 'able' to post. I'm emphasizing the ABLE part because truly it has been weeks since I've been able to fulfill my world-wide-web fix! Shortest recap I can give of the last month - - - -

My Uncle went to Heaven and I was privileged enough to get to spend his last days at his bedside. What an example he has been to me and my siblings. When you're dying do you think you'll care about the possessions you had during your life? Or are the relationships with the people you love what you'll cherish? I definitely had things thrown into perspective for me.

The day before my Uncle passed away I got a phone call asking to except a new job position at a Dermatology office in Tallahassee. So, clearly that meant my days at Red Lobster were OVER! Yay! :)

It only took two days of me making the long commute from Madison to Tallahassee before Todd and I signed a lease at an apartment complex in Tallahassee. My commute went from 120 miles a day to .30 of a mile a day. Yeah, my drive to work is literally a minute. Take a left out of neighborhood and there you are!! We are settling in and seeing's how we signed a 10 month lease this is going to be the longest place Todd and I have stayed thus far. Trying to get everything organized and set up just how I like is taking longer than I thought. Promise as soon as I get everything done I'll take pictures! In the meanwhile this one will have to do. It's the outside of our building!

As if moving in to our own place wasn't exciting enough, last Wednesday in the midst of stumbling over boxes, purging our unnecessary 't-shirts', and making our apartment the homiest it could, be we received our FINAL draft of our house plans. This means the process is about to begin.... and hopefully come 10 months we'll be moving for our 4th and last time!




This past weekend Todd and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! Can't believe how fast the time has gone. But it has truly been such an extraordinary ride and we both are anxious to see what the next year will have in store for us. If it's anything like the past year I'm sure there are some BIG things in store for our second year of marriage. We went to dinner at The Capital Grill in Jacksonville Saturday night. Very nice... OVER priced! But it was a special occasion so we'll let it slide! Sunday after church we met our parents, my brother and his girlfriend Alex, and my BF Brig & Bud and their precious baby-on-board Shaylee!!




I promise to not stay gone so long this time. With the Internet up and running in the apt and lots of exciting things to come in the next couple months I'm sure I'll have plenty to keep you all consumed with! Ha, JK! But on a serious note I've caught up with all your posts and have enjoyed them tremendously. Now I will play my part in 'blog world'. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment