Monday, September 3, 2012

PCB 2012

The past 2 weeks I've watched The Weather Channel more than any sane person ever would and I've completely worn out The Weather Channel app on my phone. Needless to say I was overly worried that we would spend another year inside our condo watching it pour on the beach. Thankfully, Isaac decided to spare the panhandle, head westward and move onward up the country before our weekend even began! :) 


{We spent our first night searching for pretty shells and sharks teeth, while watching the sun set}

This was our 3rd year going to Panama City Beach for Labor Day weekend. We've stayed at Shores of Panama each time and we've yet to be let down. They're located on the east side of PCB right next door to Pineapple Whilly's. The condos there aren't 5 star but they are new and do have everything you need. The major selling point for Todd and I is the resort style pool. We enjoy the beach, but there's nothing better than being able to come up to the pool to relax and get the sand off of you. 






My husband tends to act like he is still 10 and most of the time that makes for some comical moments. He spent Saturday and Sunday tearin' up the waves! For some reason it won't upload the video of him flipping through the waves, but it truly is a sight to be seen! :))) 

I've spent the last 3 days in a bathing suit, sans makeup and didn't leave the beach once - what a wonderful feeling!! It's one of our favorite weekends all year and it's also one of the saddest feelings all year having to leave the beach. But it's reassuring to know that we'll have next years trip to look forward to all year! So until next year PCB. . . :)
 






{ We had a special 'illegal' visitor with us this year at the beach. Friday early morning our dog Quixote had another seizure, the worst one she's ever had. They're always very traumatic for all 3 of us, some more than others... But there was no way I was going to leave her all weekend locked up in a kennel. I make it sound worse than it truly is and Todd tried reasoning with me - telling me she was safest being boarded at the vet in the chance she had another episode. But ultimately I can be very convincing when I'm adamant on something and I was adamant that she was coming to beach with us. Even if that meant sneaking her up and down the condo every time she had to use the bathroom! Lucky for us she's got a strong bladder and morning and evening potty breaks were all it took! It made the weekend even better having her there with us! And since we got away with it this year, I'm sure I'll try and push my luck next year too!! }

No comments:

Post a Comment